MS Production Supervisor at LifeNet Health
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Virginia Beach, VirginiaJob Description:
Category: Production & Logistics
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.The LifeNet Health mission is simple: Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope. Its mission, along with its core values of safety, quality, innovation, and service continue to create an unmatched record in transplant solutions, which cannot be achieved without talented, dedicated team members who share the same values and attributes that guide the LifeNet Health team every day.
If you commit to customer care, quality, and innovation as well as integrity and passion, then you've come to the right place.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Production Supervisor , to join the LifeNet Health team in our Virginia Beach, VA location on a 6AM-2PM shift.
As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for assigned production teams and perform all functions of the Processing Technician by participating in tissue graft production. Responsible for daily execution of the production plan and all associated functions. Provide direct supervision, leadership, and mentoring to processing technicians. Work closely with other frontline managers to manage the daily workload. Facilitate departmental quality efforts by completing production record reviews, final product inspections, and training.
You would be expected to perform all tasks assigned to you, including but not limited to:
- Supervises processing technicians and production teams to ensure production plan is followed and policies/procedures are adhered to
- Provides effective technical training for processing personnel
- Performs accurate and timely final post-production and/or past packaging documentation reviews
- Accurately performs final product verifications and inspections
- Performs performance evaluations for direct reports and assists in evaluations of other technicians
- Assists in monitoring departmental and divisional goals and objectives and to ensure timely completion
- Responsible for creating, reviewing, and revising standard operating procedures
- Documents, monitors and provides corrective action of errors and accidents as needed.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner
- Responsible for overseeing employee's performance including annual performance appraisals and managing employee relations issues
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of supervisory experience, which may include Team Lead, Master Processing Tech or SME.
- CTBS certification achieved within 2 years of employment and maintained throughout employment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications; Communication, Data Analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- CTBS Certification
- Previous experience in Tissue Banking, Medical Device or related industry; production environment or healthcare setting
- Some weekends and overtime required. Days, evenings and weekends may be required.
Get to Know LifeNet Health:
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization ("OPO") and tissue bank in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in transplantation research and regenerative medicine. LifeNet holds the longest running current accreditation by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB). Its goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs and tissues for transplantation, as well as innovation in the fields of bio-implants and regenerative medicine, and to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process.