ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE at Yale New Haven Health
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works independently and efficiently to perform a wide range of administrative support duties to meet the needs of the department and/or one or more individuals who are at the supervisory or manager level. May support multiple individuals.
* 1. Drafts and/or composes correspondence for review and approval.
* 1.1 Composes correspondence on well-defined subjects as requested.
* 2. Assembles and compiles data as directed.
* 2.1 Assembles and compiles standardized data from established sources.
* 3. Maintains departmental record-keeping and filing systems, either paper and/or electronic including payroll, work and purchase orders, etc.
* 3.1 Ensures records are updated accurately in a timely fashion.
* 4. Acts as receptionist for department.
* 4.1 Greets and receives visitors in a pleasant and professional manner.
* 5. Maintains department calendar, schedules meetings and appointments, and makes routine travel or conference arrangements.
* 6. Opens, sorts, screens, records and distributes mail to appropriate recipients in a timely manner.
* 7. Monitors and orders office supplies to maintain inventory at appropriate levels to ensure availability of necessary materials without over-stocking.
* 8. Performs other related general office duties as requested.
High school diploma or GED required. Some business course work at the college or technical level preferred.
One to two years previous experience functioning in an administrative support role or a combination of experience and Bachelors degree.
Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks appropriately. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Working knowledge of Windows, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.