Account Manager Job at Arkema
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Req Id 29001 - Posted 03/06/2018 - Sales - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US
The Account Manager reports to the Sales Director for Hydrogen Peroxide, North America.
* Revenue responsibilities are territory dependent but in the range of $15-25M with territory in the United States and/or Canada.
* Proficient sales professional, responsible for directly managing assigned accounts of moderate size and/or complexity. Works with general guidance and direction from sales management.
* Defines and executes sales plans, and focuses on promoting profitable growth, long-term retention and satisfaction of assigned customer base.
* Proactively develops and facilitates effective 'partnerships' with decision makers and influencers at multiple levels within the customers' organization (includes vertical and horizontal penetration).
* Understands customer and market dynamics.
* Understands the business unit's value proposition and matches it to customers' needs.
* Demonstrates interest and increased understanding of Arkema's broader products and solutions.
* Helps identify new customers and markets to support profitable growth objectives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
SELLING - CURRENT ACCOUNTS (75%)
* Plans how to establish and maintain account relationships and meet personal sales targets. Develops Account teams (COLA) and Account Strategies for each account.
* Negotiates contracts and proposals to deliver target revenue and profitability.
* Builds solid relationships at all levels of the customers' organization.
* Creates sales presentations to promote products/applications to assigned customers/partners/distributors. Provides ongoing customer support.
* Owns the demand forecast. Utilizes sales planning and forecasting technology to provide information for monthly forecasts and the annual Budget.
* Administers sales policies and account programs to meet or exceed budgeted sales, margin and profit goals.
* Maintains up-to-date Call Reporting and Opportunity Funnels for each customer interaction.
* Works closely with Business/Market Managers, Supply Chain & Logistics, Customer Service, R&D, and other functions as needed to ensure that customers' needs are met. Identifies and proposes improvements to optimize customer operations and develop/implement value-added solutions.
* Effectively interprets and prioritizes customer needs. Aligns product/service offerings to meet customers' needs.
* Participates in trade association meetings.
SELLING - PROSPECTING ACCOUNTS (15%)
* Works with the Business/Market Managers to identify new or competitive accounts within the territory.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES (10%)
* Maintains a commitment to safety while working and traveling.
* Supports other BU or Arkema initiatives as needed.
Context and Environment
Account Manager works under direction and guidance from Sales Management.
Part of a Sales team, with team members and management that may be in different locations. Receives guidance from Market Managers for pricing, market strategy, and product offers.
Proactively interacts and communicates with business, supply chain, customer service and R&D contacts to ensure consistent flow of information, problem resolution, and alignment with business objectives.
Willing to work in a home-based office environment and travel 50% - 60%.
Has broad understanding of principles of safe delivery, storage and handling of Arkema products.
Required Education / Qualifications / Work Experience
* BA or BS degree (Sales, Marketing, Chemistry, Engineering, or related discipline).
* 5 to 7 years of experience in chemical/technical sales or business selling preferred.
* Proven negotiating skills.
* Experience in related markets (i.e., pulp & paper, environmental, cleaning, disinfection etc.) a plus.
* Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com a plus.
* Results driven.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
* Detail orientation, with excellent prioritization and follow-up.
* Strong customer focus.
* Ability to coordinate resources (COLA account teams).
* A reputation for follow-through and maintaining relationships in spite of conflict.
* Able to negotiate solutions for the overall satisfaction of key stakeholders.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, ARKEMA shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR7.5 billion in 2016, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 50 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.