Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Needham, Massachusetts
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Occupational Health Services (OHS) program at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham (BID-Needham) delivers advanced, comprehensive occupational health and wellness services for employers and their employees. The program provides injury management services for work-related conditions and surveillance services for employees of companies in Needham and the surrounding communities along with employee health services for BID-Needham.
JOB LOCATION: Needham, MA
REQ ID: 24338BR
JOB SUMMARY: The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, treatment, and documentation of medical and nursing care. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) administers care in conjunction with the Medical Director of Occupational Health within the scope of hospital policies and procedures, Occupational Medicine Department Clinical Practice Guidelines, and Massachusetts state regulations and standards of advanced practice issued by the American Nurses Association and other professional organizations. The Nurse Practitioner will practice in collaboration with the Medical Director of Occupational Health, who will function as the supervising physician for the Nurse Practitioner's prescriptive practice.
* Practices in accordance with Adult Nurse Practitioner practice guidelines.
* Practices in accordance with written Clinical Practice Guidelines approved by the Medical Director of the Occupational Medicine Department.
* For Work Injury patients - obtains an accurate Health history, completes problem focused physical exam, formulates a differential diagnosis and initiates interventions and develops plan of care based on findings.
* Demonstrates the ability to establish and document injured workers abilities and restrictions taking into consideration patient preference, safety and work-place factors. Medical Visit form information correlates with p-note details.
* For DOT and PEs obtains accurate health history, completes appropriate elements of exam and determines eligibility for hire or dot card in accordance with standards.
* Master's degree in Nursing required.
* License Nurse Practitioner License required., and Registration Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required., and Certificate 2 Heartsaver Certificate (CPR) required.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Knowledge of the needs and behaviors of adolescent, adult, and older adult patients.
* Certification as an Adult Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (A.N.C.C.).
* Evidence of continued education and professional development.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* One year experience as NP in ambulatory care with expertise in adult/geriatric population or occupational health.
* DEA Number.
* Department of Transportation Medical Examiners Certificate.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.