Senior Process Control Batch Engineer at Emerson Electric Co
Posted in Management 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
We are seeking a customer-focused Senior Level Engineer professional to successfully support industrial control system projects by applying Emerson DeltaV product knowledge and implementation methodology while creating configurations, documents and custom programming elements.
Requires application of mature knowledge in planning and conducting work, and coordination of difficult and responsible assignments. Assigned problems make it necessary to modify established guidelines, devise new approaches, apply existing criteria in new manners and draw conclusions from comparative situations.
- The Process Controls Engineer shall have and demonstrate skills in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions for the Refining and Chemical industries including batch software, PLC / DCS systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, and networking technology.
- Must have knowledge of process field instrumentation, technology and batch process manufacturing expertise in all the following project phases: Requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site startup.
- Demonstrated mastery of S88 batch concepts (control modules, equipment modules, units, phases and recipes).
- Work with customers to develop project methodologies that will affect their standards and develop functional requirements based on observation of the process or input from process engineers.
- Works with other engineers to define the standards and/or requirements that will direct the solution to a customer problem (e.g. contributes to pre-FEED or FEED).
- Develops, prepares, and evaluates scope definition.
- Work with customer’s process engineers to develop batch functional requirements.
- Produce functional design specifications and technical design specifications.
- Able to design batch architecture for complex recipe control across multiple units/equipment trains.
- Lead or work on a project team responsible for the design, configuration and testing of continuous and batch control strategies, and startup.
- Participate in the start-up of complex systems at the client facility.
- Participate in the framing and quoting of projects.
Monitor and control assigned work scope against the project plan.
- Organizes and directs medium teams (4 to 8 people) for a specific area of expertise.
- Manages and executes complex technical activities for a specific area of expertise.
- Ensure that all work is executed to appropriate standards (Implementation, Test & Documentation).
- Effectively communicate with customers to fully define and agree upon project requirements.
- Understand the project scope and financials; identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management.
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team and the client.
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Share technical knowledge with project team.
- Mentors other engineers in the execution of engineering processes and procedures.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Decision Quality: Making good timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Directs Work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
A minimum of 7 years of experience with industrial process control systems for Batch and continuous processes
Engineering degree required Chemical, Electrical, or Industrial Automation preferred
Working knowledge of batch processes and S95 and S88 with DeltaV.
Process control project experience required.
Ability to develop proposals and quote batch projects
Make recommendations on the technical strategy for implementation of a complex chemical/pharmaceutical project.
Understand, in detail, concepts of current advanced control techniques and the control requirements of most commonly used process equipment. Ability to solve process control problems using these techniques.
Experience in control system modernization projects
- Experience in hot cutover planning and commissioning
- Experience in startup of refining/chemical/pharmaceutical projects.
- Experience engineering multi-discipline automation projects.
- Experience in the field working to estimate, design and install industrial process control systems and instrumentation.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience and ability to design and implement customized complex and/or standard engineering solutions, (i.e. Engineering, Construction, Infrastructure, Database Configuration) to successful completion and within budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Knowledge of industry standard programming language such as Visual Basic and HTML graphics
- Proficiency in personal computer desktop applications including word processors, spreadsheets, presentation packages, databases, and other specialized applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft platforms and virtualization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft networking and/or Cisco networks.
- Track record of successfully managing remote teams.
- Ability to travel to client locations up to 50% of the time.
The individual must be willing to work in Houston for the first two months
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.