Intern Engineer Undergraduate at TerumoBCT, Inc.
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
State: Colorado (US-CO)
JOB TITLE: Intern Engineering/IT Undergraduate
Under general or minimal supervision, supports engineering related projects or processes.
* Performs planned work to accomplish project goals and provide experience and familiarization with engineering processes, independent thinking, and company practices and policies.
* Assists with analyzing data and produce reports or summaries as necessary. Communicates frequently with co-workers, customers, or vendors to discuss information or issues related to material properties and to clarify or obtain additional detailed information.
* Assists in developing solutions to routine and non-routine problems of intermediate complexity; interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to operating policies where appropriate.
* Assignments may require applying expanded engineering concepts and/or skill(s), as well as further development of these skills.
* Assists in accurate data entry into computer databases or company files.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Some college pursuing a degree in engineering, physical science or life science discipline.
No prior experience required.
* Expanded knowledge of engineering processes.
* Ability to apply general to complex engineering concepts to support department or company projects.
* Ability to analyze problems, contributes to decisions, and assists in the design and implementation of solutions to resolve issues that are intermediate in complexity.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Physical Requirements
Requires travel based on business needs.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado s Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.