Sr. Electrical Design Engineer at FormFactor, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Livermore, California
POSITION: Sr. Electrical Design Engineer
JOB ID: 1660
# OF OPENINGS: 0
SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Livermore, CA FormFactor, Inc.
At FormFactor, it s not enough just to make revolutionary products. We also strive to be a great place to work. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees through a variety of perks that focus on health and wellness, such as a generous PTO plan, excellent insurance benefits, and our guiding values of innovation, earning trust and doing the right thing. We also offer an employee stock purchase program and annual health fairs where employees can get flu shots and biometric screenings. Personal development is encouraged through our learning and development courses and tuition contribution program. Although our products are sold to semi-conductor industry leaders around the globe, they are researched, designed and manufactured in our facilities in Beaverton, Oregon, and Livermore, San Jose and Carlsbad, California. Every employee of FormFactor plays a role in creating and supporting these amazing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for overall design activity of advance wafer probe card based on customer specification, internal manufacturing design rules, and DFT rules by using internally developed and commercially available CAD tools.
* Responsible for designing, scheduling design activities, monitoring progress and ensuring on time design completion while engineering high quality and on budget designs.
* Prepare probe card netlists for probe card designs such as probe head, and PCB design data including some signal integrity, parts placement, routing, TLA, verification etc.
* Work with customers, sales, marketing groups and internal manufacturing teams to provide timely feasibility analysis responses to customer requests.
* Work with internationally located teams across the globe for designs, feasibility analysis, and training.
* Utilize a logical design approach to prevent design defects.
* Understand product specifications, circuits, manufacturing design rules, applications to design the custom probe cards
* Attain monthly and yearly design goals established by management based on corporate goals.
* Work with customers to define probe card requirements and propose electrical circuit to meet customer test requirements.
* Work with manufacturing engineering to understand capabilities.
* Define, improve and document design processes.
* Provide feedback and verify new internal design tools to CAD tools development team.
* Generate and check netlists based design file for these circuits.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* BSEE degree w/2 years of experience or MSEE degree
* Self-motivated, takes initiative and takes on responsibility.
* Possesses effective project management planning and facilitation skills.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
* Very detail oriented.
* Understanding of design for signal integrity, routing rules, and sound engineering judgment.
* Proficient user of MS Office especially MS Excel.
* Basic knowledge of Cadence Allegro (or any PCB design tools) and AutoCAD is highly desirable.
* Working knowledge or experience in semiconductor manufacturing and/or wafer probing a plus.
* Analog circuit design knowledge is a strong plus
* C/C++ programming skill is a strong plus
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment..
Cascade Microtech plays an essential role in the semiconductor industry producing tough,
reliable, innovative testing technologies for IC development and production.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and social
responsibility. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging
environment. Cascade Microtech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.