Manager, Data Engineering at Cox Automotive
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Carmel, Indiana
JOB SUMMARY: As the manager of Business Intelligence (BI) your primary responsibility is setting the execution strategy and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the BI teams. You will be responsible for all tactical, operational, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following BI and BI-related functional areas:
* Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
* Data warehousing
* Align with CAI Data Governance
* Reporting, analytics, data exploration
* Information delivery (portals, mobile)
* Working with CAI BI center of excellence
* Governance, Risk, Compliance aspects of BI and data management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Extensive expertise in Data Warehouse and reporting.
* Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
* Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling slow-changing dimensions/attributes.
* Experience with relational SQL and multidimensional MDX query languages
* Experience with agile software development.
* Experience with business driven / self-service BI
* A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies
* A solid understanding of key BI trends.
CHANGE & INNOVATION
* Evaluates and pursues new initiatives and opportunities based on their fit with broader strategies
* Utilizes industry, division, market and other external business factors when making decisions
* Generates and champions innovative ideas and opportunities to improve one s area
* Fosters an environment that encourages others to suggest new ideas and try new things, even when uncomfortable
* Discourages us versus them thinking
* Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them so there are no unnecessary surprises
* Seeks to understand and address the concerns and interests of others with diverse or opposing viewpoints, even when uncomfortable
* Supports others in embracing and effectively navigating change
* Addresses and resolves conflict directly and constructively
* Builds and cultivates relationship networks across the organization
* Clarifies expectations and holds people accountable
* Delegates assignments to the appropriate level
* Addresses problems and obstacles to help move work forward in a timely manner
* Sets high standards of performance for self and others
* Celebrates and rewards achievements of others
* Demonstrates urgency around issues and activities that drive the business and avoids unnecessary activities
* Expresses oneself effectively (e.g., verbal, written, email, presentations, meetings)
* Listens actively to others so that they feel heard
* Communicates contrary opinions and difficult messages
* Encourages others to share information and viewpoints frankly and openly
* Asserts positions and ideas with confidence and enthusiasm
* Demonstrates an appropriate level of executive presence and composure
DEVELOPS SELF AND OTHERS
* Seeks and applies feedback to enhance self and/or team performance
* Learns from experiences, including successes, setbacks, and/or resistance
* Identifies the qualifications required for successful job performance
* Provides direct, honest, timely feedback to others, even if uncomfortable
* Coaches others in identifying, planning and executing development goals and objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
* Working experience leading and motivating cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
* Working experience in software operations, development, and release and deployment activities
* Working experience with source code and software configuration management tools
* Able to work independently, self-motivated, and a strong team player
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization
* Will supervise a team (approximately 10-12) of data engineers and test engineers on the job, ongoing
* Ability to learn, use, implement, and integrate leading technologies
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to think strategically
* The position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
* Corporate office position
* Minimal travel may be required
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-IN-Carmel-11799 N College Ave
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.