Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: new orleans, Louisiana
JOB SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for consulting with clients and prospects to determine course of action(s) designed to help meet their financial and investment goals. This position is primarily focused on high net worth clients and prospects: annual income of at least $250,000 OR $1MM in investible assets AND the propensity to generate at least $15,000.00 in revenue to the bank within the first 3 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Completes a suitability review with client to assess the investors financial situation, including, but not limited to, his age, income, net worth, current investments, investment experience and objectives, investment time horizon, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
* Makes full disclosures required in conjunction with selling non-deposit investment products on bank premises.
* Discusses benefits and risks as well as other product features pertaining to possible investment solutions for the client.
* Recommends product(s) and/or services based on the information provided by the client that are suitable for the investors needs.
* Meets with existing clients periodically to update them on potential investments and to determine whether any life changes (marriage, disability, retirement, etc.) have occurred that may affect their financial and investment goals.
* Completes all clients paperwork in accordance with compliance and company guidelines including providing prospectus if applicable.
* Receives clients trade orders and instructions for money movement and processes according to regulatory requirements.
* Reviews all paperwork for accuracy and completeness before forwarding to HIS operations for processing
* Creates a file to be kept at the representatives hub branch with copies of all transactions
* Is a member of the Wealth Team and attends meetings on a weekly basis to review clients and prospects
* Works with line of business partners and helps identify investment opportunities
* Assists and supports the wealth teams investment and insurance goals by prospecting with the wealth team and working with line of business partners
* Maintains proper FDIC/SPIC signage and current brochures in all office locations
* Looks for cross-referral opportunities to send to other members of the wealth team for trust, loans, and deposits.
* Attends annual compliance continuing education meeting held by Hancock Investment Services
* Successfully completes required continuing education in compliance with both insurance and securities regulations
* Schedules and attends computer based continuing education courses as needed
* Renews insurance license on an annual basis prior to deadline
* Participates in Quarterly Reviews with Regional Manager / Wealth Management
* Complies with State Insurance and Securities regulations
* Contacts and qualify prospective clients, explains features and merits of options offered, and presents options based on analysis of prospects exposure to loss
* Uses a consultative sales process, determines client needs, obtains commitment and proposes solutions
* Anticipates future needs and calls on established clients to upgrade accounts
* Coordinates with bank business partners in order to have the opportunity meet with bank clients and determine how to meet their investment needs
* Develops marketing and sales strategy to market products to non-bank clients
* Participates in community affairs to increase company and banks visibility and to enhance new business opportunities
* Compiles lists of prospective clients to provide leads for additional business
* Contacts and qualifies prospective clients and develops an action plan to assess their investment needs, acceptable risk level and to present solutions.
* Develops long-term relationships with clients
* Continually expands product knowledge and consultative selling skills through self-study and continuing education programs
* Defines and maintains client service agreements
* Undertakes special projects to enhance the sales and marketing process
* Serves as a business partner to bankers and fellow financial advisors
* Bachelor's degree and at least five years related experience in Brokerage/Insurance and/or Banking/Retail
* At least five years of experience prospecting and providing investment advice to clients that meet the criteria to be considered high net worth individuals
* A proven track record over past job performance selling products that generate fee income over time
* Ability to learn to understand and communicate all investment products and procedures of the company
* Ability to identify selling opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell bank products and services
* Ability to interact with individuals of widely divergent lifestyles
* Life Insurance License fixed annuity and variable annuity FINRA
* Investment License(s) Series 7, 63, 65/66
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate a keyboard if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 20 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Wealth Management/Investments
Organization: Hancock Invest Serv, Inc - Corporate Operations - Wealth Management
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.