Tool & Die Maker at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE Automotive is one of the leading providers of advanced automobile connectivity solutions. We enable nearly every electronic function in the car -- from alternative power systems to infotainment and sensor technologies all in a harsh environment. No matter which technology path OEMs choose to innovate for the connected car, we re committed to helping our customers meet evolving challenges and requirements.
TE Connectivity's Technical Engineering Support Teams analyze, test and assist in research for the development of products and processes. Team members may specialize in quality control or assurance, chemical manufacturing processes, metals, electrical connectors and components, process development, materials, and/or instrumentation. They may also handle calibration, displays, network control, mold development and audiovisual work or environmental health and safety. The Technical Engineering Support Teams are responsible for the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines. They plan, prioritize, and manage multiple engineering projects; prioritize tasks and assign team members to ensure that the team's overall resources are used effectively and that project deadlines are met. They evaluate and authorize changes that significantly impact the scope, budget, or timeline of a project. At times, they may work directly with customers to understand needs, gather customer requirements, identify resources and assess project risks. They create, develop, plan, write and edit operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication, for non-technical and technical users. TEGTA16
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
The technician role will be responsible to maintain and improve progressive stamping tools. The technician is expected to be a technical expert with the primary focus of die builds and improvement projects. Secondary responsibilities are to act as the final resource in die repair escalation of production dies.
* HS diploma or GED.
* Associates Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 4 years experience in high speed progressive stamping.
* Minimum of 4 years experience in tool making, die maintenance, and troubleshooting.
* Completion of Accredited Apprenticeship program.
* Deep understanding of progressive tool concepts, designs, and assembly.
* A working knowledge of trigonometry.
* Experience with AutoCAD and 3D modeling preferred.
* Perform die builds, tool changeovers, and conditioning.
* Demonstrated ability to perform full product inspection using production prints and
* Primary contact for the assigned team/process for basic technical or routine questions
* Providing technical assistance and/or training when necessary.
* Ability to multitask.
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
* Sharpen, repair and create close tolerance tooling.
* May operate stamping press as needed.
* Ensures maintenance performed is to the highest quality level.
* Creative and open-minded.
* Follow safety guidelines and other policies and procedures.
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.