Software Engineer III at Scientific Research Corporation
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cyber Division at Scientific Research Corporation is seeking a highly motivated software engineer with strong critical thinking and communication skills. This position will function as a senior-level software engineer supporting development efforts on a Cyber/Electronic Warfare (EW) threat prototype for the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. The candidate will focus on spectrum analysis and RF detection capabilities, possibly through the implementation of machine learning techniques. Other responsibilities could include FPGA development, UI development, and/or debugging obscure communication protocols. The software engineer must be comfortable working with team members and have the ability to complete tasks independently. In addition to software engineering, it is desired that candidates are interested in the field of cyber security.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience with C and C++ programming
* Knowledge of embedded software development
* Experience with development in a Linux environment
* Experience with network/socket level programming
* Knowledge of TCP/IP and the OSI model
* Ability to adhere to coding standards of development team.
* Provides functional and technical assistance to engineers or other organizations.
* Basic knowledge of Software Defined Radios
* Strong knowledge of scripting languages (Especially Python)
* Some knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns
* Knowledge of GNURadio and/or Software Defined Radios.
* Experience creating software design documentation
* Knowledge of wireless and RF communications
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience with MATLAB
* Knowledge of Neural Network architectures
* Experience using Machine Learning to solve complex, non-traditional problems
* Basic knowledge of FPGA Development
* Possess DoD 8570 Certifications (Security+, CISSP, CISA)
* Knowledge of Cyber Operations and adversarial techniques
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled