Project Manager at NTT Data, Inc
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Carlsbad, California
Req ID: 16891
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Project Manager to join our team in Carlsbad, California (US-CA), United States (US).
The Project Manager is expected to hit the ground running and must have the following:
* Experience managing work and relationships in a volatile environment
* Flexibility in that while the PM will be accountable for a specific area of work, he/she may be needed for support in other areas
* Independent, critical thinker vs. order taker
* Experience with MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and Office
* Excellent relationship building skills are a must
* Candidate must exhibit excellent verbal and written skills. Life Sciences experience a definite plus.
Job Level Specific Duties
* Manages multiple simple projects or at least one medium-sized project
* Drives the development and execution of project plan by working with project team to define, sequencem and estimate duration of activities and determine schedules to meet project objectives
* Manages the identification, resoultion and escalation of project risks and issues
* Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for project management process improvements
* Works with Business and Technical resource managers to ensure the needed staff are available and assigned to the project; including entering resource requests
* Creating project charters
* Conducting thorough project kick-offs that include confirmation of project scope, roles and responsibilities, and high level timelines
* Developing, managing, and controlling the project plan/schedule.
* Creation of exception requests, when necessary, to add/delete or change milestones for projects that do not align with the standard milestones
* Holding status meeting and preparing a weekly status report which includes identification of, and updates to issues and risks
* Managing and reporting issues and risk, escalating as needed to ensure timely resolution and mitigation
* Identifying and communicating project/program interdependencies
* Tracking and monitoring progress to ensure timely delivery of key project deliverables by those assigned to deliver. Serves as the point of escalation for team members when there are roadblocks, issues, risks that cannot be resolved without intervention.
* Managing all aspects of the project budget process
* Documenting and developing required change controls
* Addressing the needs, expectations, and concerns of the stakeholders during the course of the project. Includes appropriately managing the expectations of the business.
* Balancing competing project constraints, including Scope, Quality, Schedule, Budget, Resources, and Risk(s)
* Transitioning ownership of project activities to business owners upon project closure.
* Status Reporting, Budgets, Project Plan, Resource planning, meeting facilitation, overall team coordination. The individual in charge of all projects associated with the program.
Typical Years of Experience
* Typically requires 5+ years relevant experience
* Advanced understanding software development projects
* Excellent ability to drive projects to successful completion
* Demonstrates advanced proficiency in the specific tools that are available and required as part of the company's project management information system
* Ability to identify, develop and quantify any required corrective action plans
* Ability to ensure that effective project controls are in place to monitor project or program performance
* Capable of providing effective performance reporting for the customer and company in order to monitor the progress of the project
* Solid facilitation and communication skills
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 100,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 85 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.