Pastry Cook 1 - Full Time at Omni Hotels & Resorts
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posted Date 24 hours ago(3/6/2018 7:59 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
Responsible for baked goods for outlets. Help with banquet productions and weekly brunches. Keep up pars. Have all production ready in a timely manner with regards to quality.
* Prepares designated food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
* Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications
* Responsible attendance and ability to work scheduled shifts and on time
* Assist in restocking all items as needed throughout the shift.
* Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers, reach-in coolers and all storage areas.
* Performs daily responsibilities which include restaurant prep, banquet prep
* and plating, amenities, basic production
* Contribute idea for new desserts and work with Pastry Chef to further develop
* Follow safety rules and practices
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Four years of experience in bakery production.
* Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
* General understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
* Basic knowledge of how to produce cakes, tarts, mousses, batters, doughs, custards, frostings and ice creams.
* Must have basic cake decorating skills.
* Must have basic math skills to produce correct sized batches.
* Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work all weekends and all holidays..