Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Berkeley, California
Financial Analyst 2, Berkeley Law (7708U) #24661
Return to Previous Page
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance academic and artistic, political and cultural make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 3/19/2018
UC Berkeley School of Law is one of the nation's great centers for legal education, ever exploring and pushing new intellectual boundaries while tackling urgent, real-world issues. Berkeley Law is also known for its vibrant and engaged community of students and scholars who are committed to providing leadership and making a difference on problems of local, national, and global import.
At Berkeley Law, we are committed to excellence in education and scholarship, as well as equality of opportunity. We believe we have a responsibility to use our substantial intellectual capital to help solve real-world problems and to create a more just society through clinics, research, and policy engagement. We believe that a Berkeley Law degree is a tool for change, both locally and globally, and that we should be educating the leaders of tomorrow. We maintain an environment that nurtures academic and personal growth, respects a diversity of ideas, and stimulates independent thought and critical reasoning.
UC Berkeley School of Law is a division entity and has financial resources including over $80 million in operating funds from 450 funds of all types (central, student fees, contracts & grants, endowments, and revenue) and over 100 org codes. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Business Services, the Financial Analyst assist with developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning, resource planning (dollars), and control of organizational budget. May analyze and prepare recommendations for financial plans, including annual resource allocations, future requirements, and operating forecasts.
* Applies professional concepts to perform basic financial or resource analysis to understand past performance and determine present and future performance and/or resource allocations.
* Generates reports to identify fund usages.
* Audit account codes and transfers.
* Research monthly expenses compared to budget projections.
* Under general supervision, provides analytical support for simple to moderate budget, financial or resource analysis projects; analysis of actual budget expenses against projects to determine any abnormalities.
* Receives more detailed instructions to complete updates in the Cal Planning system; while updating the financial plan for the school.
* Implements department budget allocations and maintains department chart of accounts, and related business processes.
* Maintains allocations for internal units within the school.
* Audit journals to ensure account accuracy.
* Gathers and analyzes financial and/or resource data; prepares and summarizes information and/or recommendations.
* Creates monthly financial reports for managers within school and identify issues to be addressed. (reports will include data from Cal Planning, HR Bairs, and Financial Aid).
* Knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
* Ability to gather, organize, and perform basic financial analysis assignments.
* Demonstrated ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications.
* Ability to perform consistently and with a high degree of accuracy
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
* Critical thinking skills with the ability to use sound judgment
* Strong ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a high volume work environment.
* Must have a diverse approach to learning (i.e. hands-on, classroom, and conceptual).
* Bachelor's degree in related area (Accounting /Finance)and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
Return to Previous Page