Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Mateo, California
The Counsel will report to the Company s Associate General Counsel.
As a member of our Legal department, you will work on a wide-range of legal services, advising the business on:
* Asset-Based Lending/Working Capital Facilities
* Structured finance transactions, including securitizations
* Capital markets
* International finance transactions
* Mezzanine Debt
* Tax-Equity Transactions
* General Corporate Treasury Matters
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in complex financing matters (preferably in the context of auto or renewable energy), a strong academic background, outstanding analytical ability, excellent writing skills, and be both detail-oriented and able to demonstrate leadership and initiative. A working knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code, partnership and regulatory law is helpful. A background that incorporates a mixture of top tier law firm and in-house experience is preferred.
The ideal candidate has the following experiences and skills:
* A Bachelor s degree from an accredited college plus a Juris Doctor (J.D.) from a top tier law school is required.
* The preferred candidate will have 5+ years of work experience including several years as an associate at a law firm.
* Membership in the California Bar or another major state bar.
* Expertise handling corporate finance (including asset-based lending, warehouse facilities), leasing and structured finance transactions.
* Experience in tax equity financings for renewable energy projects and evaluating, drafting or negotiating power purchase agreements, EPC agreements and related energy agreements is helpful.
* Industry experience in energy or auto would be looked upon favorably.
* International experience would be looked upon favorably.
* Evidence of exceptional ability.
* Provide legal expertise and structure, draft and negotiate a variety of documents, including: loan and security agreements, partnership agreements (including tax equity fund formation), asset servicing documents and securitization transaction documents.
* Provide legal oversight for tax equity funds and covenant compliance management and reporting.
* Liaise with outside counsel and respond to investor and lender diligence requests.
* Liaise with business teams and investors and understand and manage expectations, and ensure deliverables are timely and accurate.
* Provide legal expertise in corporate debt structuring.
* Provide strategic legal guidance and services to global treasury, global capital markets and fund accounting and management groups at Tesla.
* Independently initiate and problem solve to enhance company performance.
The ideal candidate has the following personal characteristics:
* A team player with the ability to navigate various personality types.
* Results-driven, has a strong sense of urgency (when needed) and able to drive results.
* Robust organizational and time management skills and detail oriented.
* Extremely numerate when compared to the average lawyer.
* Highly intelligent and able to rapidly comprehend and distill large amounts of very complex data; comfortable handling data analysis.
* Comfortable rolling up his/her sleeves and being hands-on; comfortable providing specialized legal advice to Tesla s senior team members.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Experience in public speaking a plus.
* Able to coordinate and communicate complex legal issues to multiple groups, business units, and outside investors and lenders.
* Able to effectively interact with, influence and collaborate with other members of the finance team, as well as Tesla s outside counsel and investors.
* Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where demands and priorities change rapidly.
* Enjoys working in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
* Comfortable in an egalitarian environment.
* A great sense of humor.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.