Cost Analyst - Spectrum Enterprise at Spectrum
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
About Spectrum Enterprise
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions extending to Managed IT solutions, including Application, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Hosting Services offered by its affiliate, Navisite. Our industry-leading team of experts work closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing these right-fit solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. For more information, visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
Validates and codes monthly cost and expense invoices to ensure that Telecom costs are accurately reflected within the monthly market financial statements and that the invoices reflect contractual rates. Contributes to creation and comparison of monthly cost trends for forecasting, comparison to budget and monthly trend variances. These monthly trends will supplement the monthly financial statement reporting package, prepared by the Telephone Finance organization. In addition, works with internal sources to correct discrepancies of established inventories.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
* Tracks monthly billed circuit inventory.
* Validates and audits monthly rates to contractual terms for multiple vendors.
* Analyzes and interprets billing support data produced by the vendor and/or internal sources i.e. CDRs, Granite, etc. which includes trouble-shooting for anomalies and contractual rate validation.
* Files and tracks vendor disputes as determined by contractual rate analysis.
* Anticipates and identifies additions, changes and deletions that should reflect in the next monthly billing. Calculates accruals for any adjustments not reflected in billing.
* Codes assigned invoices to ensure proper classification within monthly financial statements, based on information received from the field, inventory system, circuit service orders, etc.
* Reconciles assigned accounts to ensure payments are received and posted; open balances researched and credits used appropriately; analyzes vendor aging for outstanding balances; coordinates with Accounts Payable and vendors to resolve payment discrepancies.
* Identifies missing invoices for monthly cost accruals.
* Notes invoice variances that impact monthly cost fluctuations as reported in financial statements.
* Utilizes internal controls to protect company assets/inventory.
* Obtains and maintains tax exemptions from vendors where applicable.
* Identifies and reports problems in Telephone financial processes as it relates to recording of monthly telco cost invoices and recommends continuous improvement opportunities.
* Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Ability to analyze and interpret data.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise and straightforward manner.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel.
* Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively.
* Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
* Working knowledge of personal computer operation and software applications (i.e., spreadsheet, word processing, database).
* Knowledge and understanding of telecommunications products and services.
* Knowledge of Telecom Access billing for switched access (usage) and special access (fac)
* Associates Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
Related Work Experience
* Accounting experience 3-5 Years
* Carrier Cost Management System Experience 3-5 Years
* (TEOCO BillTrak Pro preferred)
* Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or Accounting Software 3-5 Years
* Office environment