Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
Under limited supervision, responsible for managing the central office switches deployed by the company. Specifically responsible for performing or providing support for the following functional areas Operations, Administration, Maintenance, and Provisioning. Switches may be Constant Bit Rate (CBR)/Time Division Multiplexed (TDM) or packet based such as Voice Over IP soft switches.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
* Conducts daily detailed DNHC process for assigned areas of responsibility. Manages all telephony equipment under limited supervision.
* Follows established guidelines for telephone network daily health check procedures and call out protocols during outage situations.
* Prepares detailed RCA documentation as a post mortem for critical outages.
* Configures and troubleshoots SS7, ISUP, and SIP with limited assistance and guides TOE I with execution.
* Performs installation and turn up of Trunk Groups and augments as determined by Traffic and Capacity Team.
* Understands telephony circuit architecture concepts, OC12, OC3, DS3, DS1 etc. Creates mops and plan changes in advance with limited assistance.
* Assumes key role in trouble shooting efforts during major outages, Residential and Business telephony issues, and provides guidance to TOE I.
* Documents switch and telephone network architecture. Assists other TOE in documenting switch and telephone network architecture.
* Demonstrates IP knowledge, L2, L3, TCP, UDP and telephony equivalents, ability to troubleshoot IP connectivity issues or CCNT.
* Supports all core telephony equipment including hardware and software upgrades, maintenance and expansions. Guides TOE I in implementation.
* Evaluates and plans for core telephony equipment changes and expansions.
* Assists in the development of on-going reporting. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
* 2 years Wireline, Wireless, or Broadband telephony switch installation or administration
* 2 years Database management and network configuration work experience
* 2 years Telephone Industry Experience
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, and suppliers in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
* Knowledgeable with troubleshooting during outage situations
* Intermediate knowledge of telephony disciplines (SBC, VoIP Switch, SIP protocol, etc)
* Demonstrate critical thinking during stressful or complex projects.
* Proficiency with personal computer and software applications
* Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within Company required standards
* Knowledge of company products and services
* Firm grasp of common word processing, spreadsheet, Presentation, Design software and concepts.
* Expertise with TCP/IP standard applications (Telnet, SSH, FTP, SMTP, HTTP)
* CCNA/CCIE or other industry certifications
* Office Environment
May work in:
* Network Lab environment
* 24X7 Network Operations environment
* Field Operations environment
* Occasional travel as required