Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
International Logistics Specialist
Be a part of Network Global Logistics Express division, one of the country s largest Next Flight Out, ground expedite, and Service Parts Logistic providers. NGL serves companies directly and is also the sole provider of FedEx Sameday services, the primary provider to FedEx for next flight out services, expedited ground deliveries, and service parts logistics in the United States. Our company operates through partnerships with hundreds of domestic and international agent partners that provide courier pickup, and delivery services on behalf of NGL, and all of the major commercial airlines for air haul lift.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for the daily operation of import/export shipments through the coordination of full cycle shipping from overseas customer and agent sites. This includes arranging, replenishments of customer stock and returns, utilizing air freight and occasional sea freight shipments. Position will interface with customers, agents, shippers, consignees, brokers and vendors to manage all aspects of the shipments. The International Logistics Specialist will manage transactions and tasks to reduce total transportation costs, be in compliance with all transportation regulations and meet all governmental importation / exportation rules and regulations.
* Manage import/export transactions, including all related activities for assigned business units.
* Understand and communicate harmonized tariff codes (HTCs) / Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Incoterms, Automated Export System (AES) Filings, Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITARs), denied party screening.
* Create standardized shipping specifications for identified suppliers.
* Ensure receipt of or create commercial invoices and export / import declarations, where appropriate.
* Create, receive, review, and process multiple import/export (pre-alert/ASN-type) files and assure all documentation is accurate and complete.
* Maintain communication with suppliers, reviewing their export / import process on a regular basis.
* Proactively communicate the status of shipments to customers.
* Work directly with customers, agents and brokers for booking / expediting shipments from cradle to grave.
* Ability to multi-task and manage multi-modal import/export shipping requirements.
* Identify transactions that require special documentation or handling.
* Advise freight consolidation when applicable and negotiate best prices for transport of specialty shipments.
* Attain agent quotes and update memos in system for invoice auditing.
* Assist in quoting shipping costs to customers.
* Work as a team to proactively resolve any problems or irregularities.
* Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* Other related duties may be assigned, as necessary.
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Supply Chain Management / Logistics Management from a four-year college or university.
* Five years of related experience.
Network Global Logistics (NGL) offers a complete benefits package, including:
* Competitive compensation
* Vacation (PTO)
* Paid Holidays
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Opportunity for advancement
* Employee Assistant Program
* Life insurance and disability
* 401(k) plan (immediate enrollment no waiting period)
NGL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, age, sex or disability.