DevOps Engineer (SME3) at PSI Pax, Inc.
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Baltimore, MarylandJob Description:
PSI Pax, Inc.
DevOps Engineer (SME3) | Baltimore, Maryland
Social Security Administration
DevOps Engineer (SME3)
Task Order# 711-04
PSI Pax is currently recruiting for a DevOps Engineer to support our government customer in Baltimore, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continuous improvement in system visibility and applications with advanced monitoring, metrics and log analytics
- Identification of root causes on critical problems throughout the platform, incident reports and the organization of the engineering team members in steps to resolve issues
- Communication across third party services to effectively resolve day-to-day issues and relay updates to the rest of the team
- Architect and support the building, deployment and manage of product release workflow and live deployments, through a continuous delivery system
- Providing design leadership in large and complex development projects involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications
- Participation in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts
- Guide the programmers/developers on technical issues especially those that impact releases, deployment and delivery
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Six (6) + years in architecting and designing enterprise deployments and releases
- Four (4) + years' experience in web-based technologies, object oriented development, J2EE development and best practices
- Knowledge of managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools such as: Jenkins, SonarQube, Automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, and Chef etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Prior Social Security Administration (SSA) experience is a plus
- Excellent team building skills, including cross-functional team building and ability to analyze metrics, identify dysfunctions, and make recommendations to senior management
- Strong system-level troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify and resolve performance and scalability bottlenecks
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Visio, and SharePoint
- Experience with tools and technologies such as: Jenkins, SonarQube, Automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, and Chef etc.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other IT related major and fourteen (14) years of work experience, or eighteen (18) years of IT related experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements
PSI Pax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.