Quality Control Manager (Maine) at Pike Industries, Inc
Posted in Information Technology 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Westbrook, Maine
Job ID: 132007
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of Oldcastle, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you’re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
Quality Control Manager (Maine): We are seeking a safety minded, experienced motivated individual to oversee and direct all aspects of the QC production in Maine. This position will supervise and evaluate the QC Managers in his/her region, and meet with facilities and communicate between all lines of business at Pike. In addition, this position will evaluate and review/approve all mix designs in the region and work with other QC Managers and the VP of QC to develop software files to evaluate and organize test results and QC pay factors. The QC Manager will report directly to the VP of Quality Control. This position will be based in Westbrook, Maine. Classification: Monthly Salary position
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from 4-year College or university; or 4 to 6 years of experience in Quality Control of HMA; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NETTCP certified in HMA Plant and/or Paving Technician Classification and QAT.
- Ability to carry out standardized laboratory tests in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic operating procedures and mechanics of an asphalt plant and crusher.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations pertaining to, but not limited to, safety, the environment and transportation.
- Ability to use a computer to communicate and analyze data. This includes Outlook, MS Office programs, and web-based programs.
- Must have previous supervisor experience.
- Extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
- The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont when needed.
- A valid driver’s license.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Pike Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Pike Industries, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.