Medical Affairs Manager (490415) at Zimmer US
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
The role of the Medical Affairs Manager will be to engage in scientific and clinical exchange with healthcare professionals conducting research or practicing their profession in disease states relevant to the ZIMMER BIOMET product portfolio. This position is responsible for providing pertinent literature, education and clarification on product use to ensure that Zimmer Biomet products are utilized safely and effectively both domestically and internationally. Chief areas of expertise include:
- Medical Research
- Data Management and Biostatistics
- Medical Information
- Medical Communications
- KOL/Medical/University/Research Relations
- Medical Education
- Health Economics/Outcomes
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute responses to medical information requests for information timely and accurately
- Manage internal knowledge databases and dashboards of interactions, requests for information, communications and educational documents
- Develop and maintain updated slide decks and presentations for external engagement and internal training activities, including regular literature surveillance of Zimmer Biomet and related competitive products
- Author clinical compendia, white papers and other medical communication documents for practitioner and internal audiences alike
- Provide subject matter expertise on content and medical accuracy of educational communications
- Engage in scientific exchange with local thought leaders and practicing healthcare professionals
- Provide medical support at scientific meetings. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting the medical booth at major scientific congresses and representing Zimmer Biomet at relevant scientific/cooperative group meetings
- Support implementation of all aspects of the medical affairs plan including work with Regulatory Affairs, Legal and other internal colleagues to ensure corporate compliance with FDA policies governing medical education, medical communication, and other related interactions with external parties
- Perform related duties and/or support other projects as needed
- Manage and oversee the work of medical affairs professionals and consultants, including the hiring, training, mentoring, and the assurance of professional development.
- Provide input regarding content and accuracy of medical communication material.
- Provide medical support at scientific meetings. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting the medical booth at major scientific congresses.
- Monitor and review literature resources regarding competitors’ products and update departments on relevant new literature.
- Perform related duties and/or support other projects as needed.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Ability to understand, review and communicate complex technical concepts concisely and accurately
- Demonstrated strong oral, written and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels to orthopedic surgeons and their research/nursing staff, payers, superiors and peers
- Leadership experience with cross-functional teams, promoting collaboration and teamwork across global business functions
- Clinical patient care experience (preferably in Orthopedics)
- Experience developing and maintaining professional relationships with other healthcare experts for educational or research purposes
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical analysis methods
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and strong multitasking ability
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, solution oriented
- Drive change, challenge the status quo and make recommendations for improvements to processes
- Create tools that help simplify job tasks and share these with others
- Prior experience in project management within a matrix organization
- Foster successful teamwork and morale during stressful situations
- Excel in a matrix management environment with a mixture of direct and indirect resources
- Create tools that help simplify job tasks and share these with others.
- Prior experience in team management within a matrix organization desirable.
- Foster successful teamwork and morale during stressful situations.
- Excel in a matrix management environment with a mixture of direct and indirect resources.
- Candidate must have an advanced scientific degree (eg-MD, PharmD, PhD) with > 3 years of industry experience
- Experience interacting with disease state advocacy groups, clinicians and patients/caregivers
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders on medical communications; implementation of standard operating procedures desirable
- Solid understanding of FDA policies regarding medical and scientific communication preferred
- Hands-on medical writing experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, establish functional priorities and execute goals
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Up to 40%