Safety Coordinator at Appalachian Aggregates, Inc.
Posted in Health Care 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lewisburg, West Virginia
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC, an Oldcastle Materials company, is located in southern West Virginia employing more than 100 employees during the construction months. As a stone producer with multiple locations located in the central and southeastern areas of West Virginia, Appalachian Aggregates, LLC supplies stone for ready-mix concrete, asphalt pavement, roadways, commercial buildings, as well as the private markets. Appalachian Aggregates, LLC prides itself on its ability to provide services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, Appalachian Aggregates has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Appalachian Aggregates is seeking a motivated Safety Coordinator for its southern West Virginia operations. The qualified candidate will work with the Safety Director to support and to implement safety practices and procedures, as well as provide guidance toward the overall safety philosophy of its parent and local company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and guidance of the overall safety philosophy of OMG and local company
- Interface directly with company leadership to address safety concerns
- Assist in maintaining a high level of safety compliance and awareness at company fixed locations (asphalt plants, offices, shops, ready-mix plants, and quarry locations) through site visits and documentation of deficiencies
- Interface with field crews on a regular basis to promote company safety philosophies, expectations, and personal responsibility
- Consult with Human Resource personnel on safety concerns including:
- Orientation of new hires
- Toolbox meetings
- Monthly safety updates
- Safety incentive plans
- Annual safety meetings
- Disciplinary issues related to safety
- Return To Work
- Interact and consult with other members of the MIDA safety team to develop new safety initiatives, objectives, and best practices
- Attend training sessions/meetings presented by OMG or national safety organizations as needed
- Appropriate MSHA or OSHA required training
- OMG or MIDA mandated training as needed
- Effectively manage any work related injury, incident, or near miss including:
- Incident investigation to determine cause and contributing factors
- Injury prevention strategies
- Implementation of corrective actions
- Recordkeeping (OSHA/MSHA) Maintain documentation for safety and health program (OSHA 300, monthly reporting, BLS annual surveys)
- Interface with Oldcastle/MIDA safety consultants on job site visits, fixed plant visits, and performance audits
- Assist in environmental compliance as needed
This position requires an individual who is extremely motivated with a high level of organizational skill, including written and verbal communication, and problem solving.
· Education/Experience: BA/BS degree in Occupational Safety or related field or comparable professional experience in industrial safety
· Knowledge/Skills: Must be familiar with OSHA/MSHA/DOT regulations pertaining to safety and health. Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Power Point
· General: Willingness to work with location management, employees and, facilities. Occasional overnight travel as well as frequent day travel is required
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.