Nursing Supervisor (RN) Hospice Care at Vitas Healthcare Corporation
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: San Mateo, CaliforniaJob Description:
Vitas Healthcare Corporation
Job ID 2018-62129
Program Posting San Francisco Bay
Regular / Temp Regular Full-Time
Min. Exp.(Yrs) 2
Zip Code 94402
VITAS Healthcare is seeking a Nursing Supervisor with excellent leadership and clinical skills.
- This position will be based in our Satellite office located in San Mateo, CA.
The Team Manager is the leader of the Patient Care Team and that member of the team whose function is to: supervise, evaluate and coordinate the various component members of the interdisciplinary team; assure continuity of care from admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement; serve as patient advocate and coordinator for other social service and health care providers in the community who are involved in the care of the team's patients; assume responsibility for the maintenance of patient records from intake through discharge or transfer to bereavement.
Staff Supervision and Management
- Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates and dismisses team staff in conjunction with the Patient Care Administrator
- Assures staff competence and performance levels through making field visits, evaluating documentation and providing team based in services on Vitas values, hospice principles and practices and specific team growth needs.
- Acts as a resource and mentor for staff re clinical issues, documentation, inter- and intra- team problem solving and appropriate customer service behavior
- Oversees staff and volunteer schedules, scheduling and territory assignments to assure that workload is distributed equitably and that all staff are able to meet overall productivity expectations.
- Reviews and approves payroll, assuring that employees have documented accurate time, mileage and additional expenses.
- Attends inservices, educational seminars and workshops.
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives.
- Participates as a mentor of newly hired Team Managers.
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
- Current California Registered Nurse license required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical and nursing care, with at least a working knowledge of oncologic nursing and palliative care.
- Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics operative within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and bereavement.
- Two years successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a health care organization.
- Must be able to participate in the Administrative on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Special Instructions to Candidates