Simulation Consultant at Dematic Corp
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Company: Dematic Corporation
Location: USA - MI - Grand Rapids
Req ID: 52053
Position Title: Simulation Consultant
Experience Level: Mid Level
Education Required: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Travel Required: Yes
Dematic Corp is the world’s leading supplier of logistics automation solutions, systems and service. Dematic provides integrated material handling solutions that incorporate process improvements, material flow technologies, controls, and software to reduce operational costs, maximize productivity, and optimize supply chain performance.
For over 70 years, Dematic has proven to be a competent single source supplier that engineers, manufactures, implements and life cycle supports the core material handling technologies required to operate effective logistics solutions.
A global company with operations in 20 countries, Dematic’s North American headquarters are located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Dematic has a global knowledge network of more than 4,100 highly skilled logistics professionals. For more Dematic information, visit www.dematic.us.
Dematic is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Dematic has a need for a Simulation Consultant. This position can be located in Salt Lake City, UT, Milwaukee, WI, or Grand Rapids, MI. The successful candidate will have 3 or more years experience developing simulation models and working on simulation projects. The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of manufacturing and material handling system solutions. The successful candidate will understand automated material handling systems, warehouse control systems, mechanical controls systems and distribution center operations. Knowledge of AutoMod is desirable, experience with other simulation software is nescessary. Working knowledge of Demo3D is a plus.
- Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Works on simulation model development on medium to large-sized simulation projects.
- Works with others on project timelines and resources to successfully implement complex projects.
- Conducts periodic status checks with customer and team to assess progress against plan. Helps perform re-forecasts of project variables as necessary throughout the project.
- May perform pre-sales support activities as needed.
- Designs and develops accurate and valid computer-based models of manufacturing and/or material handling systems made up of package conveyor, pallet conveyor, automatic guided vehicles, and automated storage and retrieval systems.
- Constructs simulation models that conform to approved modeling standards.
- Completes projects on time and within budget.
- Performs data collection and preparation of model specifications.
- Analyzes and interprets simulation results.
- Helps to oversee projects for quality, schedule, and budget adherence.
- Uses sound business judgment and discretion when working with customers and their information.
- Helps to develop customer presentations.
- Clearly communicates complex principles, ideas, and concepts. Skillfully uses verbal communication to build customer confidence and understanding.
- Attends industry conferences, seminars, etc., and reads trade journals to stay current of current/future operating strategies and technologies as they relate to Dematic’s business.
- A BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.