Biology Technician - School of Medicine at West Virginia University
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Biology Technician. This position supports multiple immunology-related projects in a research team in the Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology. This team uses animal models, cell and molecular biology techniques, as well as next-generation sequencing to elucidate the role of cytokine signaling in autoimmune and infectious disease, with recent emphasis on neuroinflammation. In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
Conduct immunology research.
Conduct survival animal surgery, especially ischemic stroke induction in mice.
Support routine laboratory operation, such as preparation of reagents and maintenance of animal colonies.
Train graduate and undergraduate students.
Prepare manuscript and grant submissions.
Present in scientific meetings.
- Bachelor's degree required in medicine, biology or related science field; master's preferred
- Four (4) years of experience performing related animal, cellular and molecular research
- An equivalent amount of education and experience may be considered
- Skilled in cell and molecular biology techniques
- Ability to perform survival animal surgery
- Ability to maintain animal colonies
- Skilled in use of scientific methods and rules to solve problems
- Skilled at operating laboratory instrumentation and equipment
- Basic knowledge of cell biology, molecular biology and biology
- Knowledge of laboratory protocols and procedures
- Knowledge of animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, environment
- Knowledge of uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques and disposal methods