Supervisor, Water Quality & Environmental Compliance at West Virginia American Water
Posted in Science 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: True, West Virginia
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
- Carries out the day to day management of personnel or multiple operations to continually meet all Water Quality and/or Clean Water Act Requirements.
- Provides technical support on water quality, treatment, permitting, laboratory management, and regulatory compliance issues. Ensures Company policy on water quality and related environmental matters.
- Assists local, State and Federal regulatory agencies during inspections.
- Responds (on-call) to Water Quality problems, taking appropriate corrective action including documentation to advise management. Ensures that customer complaints or inquiries are properly addressed to attempt to resolve any issues.
- Reports on problems and issues regarding Water Quality and standards.
- Assures that policies, programs, standards of performance and approved objectives related to water quality are adhered to.
- Assists in the procurement of treatment chemicals and manages receipt of chemical supplies to assure adequate supply along with monitoring equipment, chemical feeds, etc. to ensure standards are maintained.
- Assists with training of plant operating staff, field services and other water quality personnel in treatment practices and environmental initiatives.
- Supports water quality activities related to the Environmental Management Program to ensure compliance with SDWA/CWA regulations are continually met.
- Plan, prepare and control the portion of the financial plan related to area of responsibility.
- Conduct special projects and prepare reports.
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong working knowledge of water and/or wastewater treatment.
- Thorough knowledge of water quality and environmental regulations affecting the business.
Functional / Technical Skills
Learning on the Fly
Experience / Education
Two (2) to four (4) years experience in water, and/or wastewater, and laboratory operations.
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with major in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Environmental Science or equivalent other environmental area (Microbiology, Environmental Engineering).
Laboratory and treatment plants.
Must be able to distinguish colors to conduct testing using normal colorimetric methods.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.