Nutrition Education Program Assistant IV - Boone County, IN - Nutrition Science at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Schedule, recruit, and conduct group and individual educational sessions on basic nutrition, budgeting, and food safety. Maintain a case load of program participants as specified in the program criteria. Using approved curriculum, teach food and nutrition related subject matter to limited resource audiences. Work closely with the Extension Educator in program implementation. Conduct a pre- and post-test evaluation in program implementation.
This posting represents a part-time (50% FTE - 20 hours/week) vacancy with a limited duration of one year.
- High school diploma / GED
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic reading, math and writing skills
- Must be able to speak, write, read and thoroughly understand English language
- Ability to travel to and from agencies, homes, and the Extension Office
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry 10-20 pounds and occasionally up to 30-40 pounds; ability to walk up stairs/lift and carry boxes up and down stairs
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word; ability to navigate and operate internet based applications and websites
- Must pass ServeSafe certification exam based on provided training within first year of employment or have previous ServeSafe certification
- Valid US or Canadian driver's license
- This posting represents a part-time (50% FTE - 20 hours/week) vacancy with a limited duration of one year
- A background check is required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply