Preventive Maintenance Technician V (Evening) - West Lafayette - Operations & Maintenance at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Perform basic preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment. This includes inspecting and changing air filters, inspecting, changing and tensioning belts, inspecting and cleaning condensate pans, inspecting and cleaning outside air intakes, lubricate bearings, schedule maintenance on critical units and assist other crafts as needed. Maintain general cleanliness of mechanical spaces. Perform scheduled maintenance on dock lifts. Maintain accurate belt and filter inventory.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 to 50 pounds frequently and up to 60 pounds occasionally.
- A valid U.S. or Canadian driver's license.
- Experience in mechanical maintenance related work.
- Knowledge and familiarity with exhaust fans, fan coil units, air handling units, and dock lifts.
- Knowledge of Purdue University campus and layout.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- The hours for this evening position are Monday through Friday; 3:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications/resumes will be accepted.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime.)
- Retirement Eligibility: PERF/Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.