Logistics Manager at GEC Packaging Technologies, LLC
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
GEC Packaging Technologies employs 14,000 team members and has 127 facilities in 35 countries worldwide. With a customer base of national and international brands, GEC Packaging Technologies companies supply a breadth and depth of package formats to meet a broad range of customer and consumer needs. Our portfolio of packaging technologies, along with our network of high profile customers and suppliers, offer team members throughout our organization exceptional opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for adding value to the Logistics and Distribution Network. The Manager is responsible for logistics activities primarily Full Truckload (FTL) and Less than Truckload (LTL). Responsibilities will also include ocean, and warehouse activities. The manager will work to measure and improve margin enhancement, capital efficiency, and profitable growth. This role encompasses: 1) developing synergies across the GEC Packaging Technologies logistics network, with key customers, suppliers and other shippers with diverse multi-modal transportation needs, 2) adherence to the logistics budget, financial metrics and financial reporting with a focus on continuous improvement, 3) logistics planning/modeling, 4) project management, 5) and developing synchronization and alignment with the plants and operations team.
This position will reside at the GEC Corporate Headquarters in Memphis, TN. Strong collaborative and communication skills are vital as well as proven people management skills.
- Oversees procurement activities including but not limited to carrier selection, lane assignment and routing determination
- Creates and implements the overall logistics network plan working towards creating a world class category strategy
- Supports team members in resolving transportation issues as necessary
- Works with team to create appropriate monitoring reporting as well as corrective action plans to positively impact cost and service
- Meets with vendors as needed in order to review performance and identify opportunities for additional participation
- Aligns with Transportation Management System (TMS) to ensure plant and customer needs are maintained
- Performs regular updates with executive team regarding key initiatives and issue resolution
- Maintains alignment with business unit leadership regarding new initiatives and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Supports business unit in pricing of logistics services for new business opportunities
- Manages projects and effectively communicates and interacts with all levels of the organization, including engineers, plant operations personnel, finance, and senior management
- B.S/B.A degree in supply chain, business or related field from a four-year accredited college or university
- A minimum of 5years logistics operations experience. Examples include practical experience in warehousing, ocean export, domestic trucking, inland port and rail operations using best practices and KPIs
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Project management experience
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of the organization
- Project Management or APICS certification, MBA a plus
- Manufacturing operations experience
- Tableau software experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.