Manager Safety Regional at XPO Logistics SC Corporate
Posted in Management 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
At XPO Logistics, the safety of our employees is of utmost importance. As the Regional Safety Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing workplace safety for a multi-state area, identifying and resolving issues, and providing input for proposed modifications to facility and production processes. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Maintain, coordinate, and communicate occupational health and safety processes and procedures to successfully achieve company and customer objectives
- Review, administer, maintain, and ensure compliance with company policies and various state and federal regulations
- Proactively conduct safety evaluations in all sites to assess risk and determine if changes are needed in processes, training, visual tools, and equipment
- Conduct onsite or virtual audits of facility requirements as it relates to occupational health and safety programs and initiatives
- Review, analyze, develop, and communicate occupational health and safety programs and solutions initiatives
- Generate and maintain required reports; analyze injury reports for trends and necessary modifications to PPE
- Oversee PPE programs purchases in all facilities; oversee and approve all safety SOWs, work instructions, and forms
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or closely related field
- 5 years of health and safety experience in a warehousing/distribution environment, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project
- Proficiency with providing safety training to all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supply chain and logistics industry
- Strong leadership and customer service skills
- Knowledge of industry-related state and Federal rules and regulations
- Availability to travel up to 75% of the time
It’d be great if you also have:
- 2 years of experience in risk management
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.