Executive Secretary at University of Houston
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Performs advanced and diversified secretarial and administrative duties. May supervise or lead the work of secretaries and/or other clerical office support personnel.
- Maintains calendar of supervisor by scheduling committee meeting and appointments involving university administrators, faculty staff and outside administrators.
- Screens incoming calls/mail and, as appropriate, provides requested information, takes messages, or redirects inquiries to the appropriate staff member or office.
- Composes correspondence for supervisor's signature from both written and oral instructions; types and edits correspondence into final form; proofreads and makes corrections as necessary.
- Coordinates travel arrangements by making necessary reservations for transportation and hotel accomodations; prepares all related travel documents.
- May monitor and maintain monthly expenses for the office; reconciles expenses charged to each account.
- Coordinates the office's filing system, ordering of supplies and work assignments of office clerical personnel.
- Takes minutes at meetings and transcribes same.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EEO/AAHigh school diploma and 5 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.