Shipping Coordinator at Samuel, Son & Co
Posted in Admin - Clerical 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
At Samuel, Son & Co., your success is our business. As leading metals and industrial products manufacturer, processor and distributor, we leverage our industry expertise, breadth of experience and the passion of our people to help drive success for North American business – one customer at a time.
We go beyond, quality, price, competitiveness, reliability and service. As a strategic supplier, we work collaboratively with our customers to understand their challenges and opportunities, and to develop innovative solutions that create value and meet real business needs. Samuel, Son & Co. Because it’s not just business. It’s family.
Responsible for making sure all shipping and receiving is processed safely and efficiently including the dispatching of drivers.
• Read all emails received and reply as soon as possible. Always include the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor in all emails pertaining to shipping and pick-up requests.
• Review the open purchase order list and call vendors to confirm orders are ready for pick-up. Once orders are confirmed as ready for pick-up, notify the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor of the ready orders.
• Document all hot shots in the Excel and notify appropriate personnel.
• Notify the appropriate production personnel for all will calls that are scheduled to pick-up the next day.
• Assist customers/drivers at the will call window. If a will call order is not ship ready, notify the appropriate personnel that the customer has arrived for the order. Once the order is ship ready, assign it a loader/forklift operator to load the customer.
• Assist sales with rate quotes for hot shot, LTL and truckload carriers.
• Generate Bills of Lading (BOL’s) for required orders.
• Verify all will call orders that have been picked up to ensure the system shows a ‘transits’ status.
• Communicate with Samuel drivers if credit card pick-ups are required.
• When requested, assist Samuel drivers with customer information and driving directions.
• If any driver is unable to complete his/her delivery route, the Shipping Coordinator must immediately notify the appropriate sales person of the situation. The Sales Manager and Shipping Supervisor must also be notified.
• Verify that all delivery orders have the required customer signatures (i.e. material receipt and MTR receipt signature.)
• Assist with loading and unloading when necessary.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Proficiency with basic with Excel and Outlook required
• AS400 Experience is a plus.
• Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
• Ability to self-start and self-motivate under very limited supervision required.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle pressures of deadlines, diverse assignment loads and high work volumes.
• Excellent ability to independently problem solve and troubleshoot required.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
• Ability to prioritize and switch directions, work independently and demonstrate initiative.
• Project Coordination/Management experience strongly recommended.
• Strong vendor management skills required.