Fabric Developer at Levi Strauss & Co.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we’ve been obsessed with innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn’t last more than 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace and by remaining true to its values.
We employ thousands of people around the world to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™ and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation, creativity and collaboration. Put simply, if you’re looking for a new opportunity, this is a great place to grow your career.
We are looking for a Fabric Developer to oversee fabric development for Women's Red Tab Bottoms, LMC & LVC denim and non-denim. This position will work directly with leaders in Women's Design, PD and Merchandising to understand, interpret and execute key seasonal fabric developments that meet aesthetic requirements and are in line with sourcing strategy and cost targets.
- Drive newness and innovation for the women’s business through raw material sourcing and development in partnership with the Eureka Innovation Team and key strategic suppliers
- Oversee the fabric rationalization process for all managed areas, including full package
- Manage Women’s Fabric Development Assistant
- Align with business partners on seasonal development metrics
- Meet key deadlines for fabric development and approvals in line with the GTM
- Fabric development aligned to Product Development & Sourcing bottoms sourcing strategy and cost targets
- Consistent progress season over season in Fabric Rationalization initiatives
- Execute seasonal fabric development briefs into bulk ready fabrics that meet LS&Co. fabric standards and adhere to the timelines, sourcing strategy and costing targets
- Oversee all fabric testing and concessions (consulting PI as necessary); Identify potential production, quality and costing issues, and make recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Partner with PD&S and overseas offices to execute counter source fabric development
- Lead weekly cross functional fabric meetings; ensure fabric approval and documentation to all business partners to meet sampling and production deadlines
- Lead seasonal fabric rationalization efforts for both nominated and full package fabrics.
- Provide work direction and mentoring to Fabric Developer Assistant role.
- Ensure department workload is balanced within team to manage workflow and business needs as they change from season to season.
- Challenge business partners when appropriate to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years managing fabric development, prior experience managing a direct report preferred
- Expertise in denim and non-denim fabric structure required, expertise in denim and non-denim wash methods preferred
- Knowledge of fabric construction standards and manufacturing methods
- Working knowledge of garment manufacturing process
- Comfortable with and ability to learn and use new/advanced technology
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Experience with web based PDM systems strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Dynamic analytical, problem solving and project management abilities with proven systems knowledge and expertise
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage change and shift priorities based on evolving business requirements; Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Extremely strong customer service orientation and the ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially when it comes to working directly with senior level directors
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to communicate effectively to a globally diverse audience and drive differing viewpoints to consensus
- Ability to utilize technical expertise to level-set expectations for developments
- Must demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS & Co.
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111
FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time