Temporary Pole Administrative Team Member - Data Entry at Crown Castle
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
Position Title: Temporary Pole Administrative Team Member - Data Entry
This position is responsible for supporting activities in relationship to the Joint Pole Association and use of poles governed by the JPA and JPC in the state of California.
Essential Job Functions
- Interact with vendors, utility companies and personnel to provide requested back-up documentation for all reports.
- Write JPA Form 2 applications and other JPA documents as required and ensure applications are brought to closure through finalizing as appropriate.
- Keep operations team informed and updated with JPA application status with drill-down reports that track issues, denials, and approvals.
- Upload Joint Pole Application into a database system.
- Post financial information in the JPA database received from both the JPA and JPC.
- Contact utilities directly to obtain required information that vendors cannot provide.
- Responsible for additions, deletions, and changes of Joint Pole Application data and tracking those changes.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining all utility notifications, inspection tickets and other pole infractions in the database system as well as assisting to bring closure to tickets.
- Send Notifications to other utilities regarding infractions identified during Crown Castle’s inspections.
- Maintain the integrity of the database system including all of its different components through entering/maintaining data and checking the data entered by others as appropriate.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Filing and maintaining all hard copy JPA records.
- Assist in training new hires and vendors as appropriate.
- Provide support for special projects as appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s degree or equivalent
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of general office experience; Joint Pole or telecommunication knowledge a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task with little or no direction
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures
- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
Reports to: Asset Supervisor - Small Cell & Fiber Solutions
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Additional Information: N/A
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Job Description