ENTRY LEVEL UTILITY at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dudley, North Carolina
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Production Utility– Dudley, NC
Georgia-Pacific is looking for motivated individuals to join our team as Production Utility workers in Dudley, NC. This is an entry-level production position that supports the facility by providing machine operators relief for vacation and breaks. Production Utility workers will have the opportunity to operate various types of equipment in order to meet production goals and to ensure a safe work environment. If you are a safety-oriented person with a commitment to punctuality and attendance excellence, we look forward to hearing from you!
The Dudley, NC facility is one of Georgia-Pacific’s largest Building Products facilities. It manufactures Plytanium® Plywood, AC and BC, Sidings and Sturd-I-Floor® Plytanium® Plywood which is used in sheathing, roof decking, sub flooring and other specialty applications. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com/plywood-osb
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Learning to operate various machines throughout the mill
- Adjusting to changing work schedules
- Removing sawdust and other debris from production equipment
- Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed
What You Will Need:
- Six (6) months or more of experience working with hand tools or operating production equipment or machinery
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime, as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, humid, noisy, industrial environment
- Willing and able to pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such a lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Preferred High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience using computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf