Plant Manager - Haines City, FL at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Management 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Haines City, Florida
Job ID: 132038
Oldcastle Coastal is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
As an Oldcastle Coastal Plant Manager you are responsible for overseeing the operations of your plant, including staffing, supervising and coordinating quality-and-cost-focused manufacturing and production teams while maintaining a ‘safety first attitude.’ You will assist in developing an annual budget for you plant and perform various financial analyses reporting to make process improvements recommendations to production and quality.
- Reading and analyzing charts, work orders, production schedules and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Planning and establishing work schedules, assignments and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspecting materials, products or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Interpreting specifications, blueprints, job orders and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of work procedures, policies and training programs; demonstrating equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees or assigning employees to experienced workers for training.
- Observing work and monitor gauges, dials and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production and processing standards.
- Conferring with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints or grievances.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent experience in engineering or management operations.
- Prior experience managing people in production, equipment, maintenance and/or quality control.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, employees and managers.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Must be able to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personnel information and records.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and successfully implement programs through the direction of others.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Coastal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Coastal is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.