Staff Engineer Product Development and Methods at Flex
Posted in Engineering 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Coopersville, Michigan
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
As a Production Development & Methods Staff Engineer at our Coopersville MI Design Center, your primary responsibility is the application of engineering methods, systematics, and front loading the design and development of Flex products. This includes, but not limited to Robust Engineering, Robust Assessment, Root Cause Analysis, the prioritization and execution of continuous improvement projects and activities. Also, coach, lead and support DFSS Green/Black Belt projects, Shainin Apprentice/Journeyman projects, and RT5 Manager/Executive projects.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Develop engineering systems that align with Flex Product Life Cycle Process
- Developing the engineering capability for Robust Design, Robust Assessment, Robust Analysis, System Behavior Testing, Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis, and Rolling Top 5 Prioritization methods with in Flex
- Coach & Lead Robust Analysis & Robust Assessment, System Behavior Testing projects
- Lead problem solving resolution, root cause analysis, and continuous improvement activities
- Provide the cost/benefit analysis in support of targeted projects/products
- Provide engineering support and leadership to achieve product designs that meets or exceeds the target cost, performance, quality, manufacturability, and other KPI’s as required
- Provide DFSS, Red X Project status updates to staff
- Implement and manage the facilitation of projects and project teams. Provide employees with the latest tools & methods to ensure project/product success.
- Provide guidance and support for project teams in Robust Design, Problem Solving, and continuous Improvement Methodologies.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have 7+ Years’ experience in automotive field
- Must be capable of a leadership role in cross functional teams
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Certifications and training is the following; DFSS Black Belt, Red X Master, Shainin RT5, PE
- Master’s degree preferred
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.