AM Package Handler at Express Messenger Systems, Inc
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Denver, Colorado
Summary: Offloads and sorts incoming packages for distribution and/or prepares outgoing freight for delivery by performing the following duties.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 5:15 am - 10 am (hours may vary depending on business needs)
1. Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety Program.
2. Offload all inbound freight for distribution.
3. Sort packages according to destination by sort code.
4. Check for incorrect zip codes and destination codes to prevent missorted packages.
5. Examine appearance of outgoing packages for damage.
6. Load all sorted freight on outbound trucks.
7. Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization.
Candidates must successfully complete all pre-employment screenings, which include physical, lift test, drug test, and background check. Candidates must have the ability to read and understand English and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
The physical activity associated with this position is considered high. The employee will regularly lift, push, pull and/or move items averaging 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old, possess valid identification, and be able to pass a TSA screening.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
- High School or better
See job description