Software-System Engineer at Plastipak Packaging Inc.
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Computer Software Engineer is responsible for software development activities as it relates to all Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC) developments. This position will be working in a global, multi-disciplinary and in-house environment to deliver AMC projects. This position will be responsible for hands on actual software development, integration and testing with hardware platforms. Planning and execution of test procedures as it relates to software development and integration.
The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group of technical and non-technical staff. Reporting to the Head of the Advanced Manufacturing Center, responsibilities will include developing and evaluating plans and criteria for a variety of software engineering tasks as it relates to all AMC developments as well as hands on build of prototype systems.
- Developing and evaluating plans and criteria for a variety of software engineering tasks as it relates to all AMC developments.
- Lead efforts in continuous process and quality improvements, innovation, engineering and collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Lead the software design process to develop the concept, architecture and design to meet the specifications.
- Evaluate existing technologies and engage internal and external design partners to leverage, reuse, innovate and extend the technologies to enable rapid delivery.
- Manage and deliver software platforms to enable successful AMC projects.
- Hands on build of prototype systems.
- Responsible for equipment reliability and performance once deployed into a manufacturing center.
- Work closely with Electrical Engineers in bread boarding, panel building and testing.
- Run processes and test equipment in a production setting from time to time for validation requirement and customer acceptance.
- Will require travel from time to time as required to roll out new technologies anywhere globally.
- Requires a minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience with a successful track record in the design, development of software programs/systems.
- Familiar with hardware development systems for FPGA and micro-controllers.
- Experience in VBA, C, C++, C# and OPC server applications.
- Ability to utilize new or improved engineering techniques, procedures or equipment is preferred.
- Self-starter that can manage daily activities required to meet overall objectives.
- Ability to step into ongoing projects at any point and pick up details quickly, producing results within a few days.
- Ability to multitask, time-manage and achieve goals within a given timeframe.
- Involvement in projects such as software troubleshooting, firmware design, software validation, and documentation.
- Must be able to work in all phases of the design process, including complex software development.
- Effectively work in all aspects of projects, from developing software architecture, writing code, analyzing code.
- Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop detailed technical design and procedures are required.