Sr Financial Analyst at Meritor, Inc.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Troy, Michigan
Responsible for assisting with the timely preparation of the consolidated financial statements and forecasts using the HFM system for US GAAP reporting and review by management.
• Work closely with Manager of Worldwide Consolidations to ensure financial reporting processes and systems are in compliance with company policy, US GAAP and SEC requirements.
• Ensure internal controls are in place as they pertain to HFM and the company’s consolidation processes are function as intended and that any weaknesses or deviations from internal controls are timely acted upon.
• Work directly with internal and external auditors to provide analysis and any required audit documentation necessary for the successful completion of any audit.
• Support international and domestic locations on accounting, consolidation, and reporting issues.
• As required, coordinate accounting entries for legal entity restructuring activities.
• Assist in accounting for minority and majority owned joint ventures.
• Analyze monthly foreign currency hedge accounting.
• Assist in completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual government reports.
• Provide support and training to HFM end users and applications development and maintenance.
• Work closely with Finance Transformation team on special projects and process improvement/standardization initiatives.
• Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3-5 years of Finance or Accounting experience preferred
• Strong analytical skills
• Cognitive ability to prepare analysis, reports and presentations using various software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Works effectively within a team environment
• Motivated team player focused on continuous improvement
• Oracle ERP and HFM knowledge is highly preferred
• Creates change/relentlessly innovates and improves
• Develops organizational capability
• Emphasizes customer focus and empowers people
• Manages coordination and integration