Department Specialist Sr- Hopkins, MN at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
To complete a variety of specialized duties that support functional operations. The duties in the department specialist job family focus on tasks and/or work that are unique to the department and require knowledge and skills that are beyond what are required for general office work.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Analyzes and develops major projects and carries projects through to completion.
- Researches and interprets a variety of levels of information.
- Maintains unit documents such as ledgers, financial records, service information, etc.
- Coordinates and implements approved changes in policies and procedures affecting unit.
- Provides advice and assistance to other employees in unit and acts as liaison to other units.
- Monitors daily work of a group of lower level specialist and makes adjustments in division of work to ensure timely and accurate completion of work.
- Trains new employees on job tasks.
- Acts as a resource to staff in work group.
- Provides input to management on performance reviews of staff in work group.
- May participate in interviews and provide input to management during selection process of new members to work group.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent keyboarding proficiency.
- Excellent computer skill: word processing and/or spreadsheet.
- Be detail oriented, ability to be organized and strong analytical skills.
- Possess ability to direct, organize, lead and control work group staff.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.