Customer Service Representative - Permanent, Full-Time at American Water Works Company
Posted in Admin - Clerical 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
American Water is hiring 60+ Full-Time Permanent Customer Service Representatives in our Customer Service Center in Pensacola
Our Customer Service Center operates 365 days a year delivering the highest caliber support to our customers nationally. This is a fast paced, high volume call center environment where employees enjoy an inclusive culture and opportunities for growth, highly competitive benefits and more.
New employees will work one of the following shifts, while receiving a combination of classroom and hands on training:
Monday - Friday
6:00am - 3:00pm
8:00am - 5:00pm
10:00am - 7:00pm
New shifts may be assigned based on business needs.. The CSC hours of operation are Monday – Sunday, 6:00am – 10:00pm. Shifts may include evenings, weekends and holidays. Overtime, both voluntary and mandatory, will be offered as well.
Starting rate of pay is $11.00 per hour
The Customer Service Representatives are responsible for responding to customer inquiries with courtesy and professionalism, while addressing customer concerns efficiently and completely via the telephone and correspondence as appropriate.
- Receives inbound calls from customers related to services provided.
- Clarifies the needs of the customer, answers the customer inquiries, and assists in the resolution of concerns.
- Tracks and documents customer contacts.
- Remains accessible to achieve appropriate adherence levels.
- Maintains a high level of application, process, and water utility knowledge.
- Maintains a courteous and knowledgeable appearance to the customer.
- Handles difficult calls and avoids escalation whenever possible.
- Continuously improves call handling skills, systems knowledge, and communications skills to enhance customer service levels.
- Identifies and relays to team leader areas for improvement within the customer inquiry and concern resolution processes.
- Provides exceptional service to the customer that meets or exceeds all contractual service level agreements.
- Issues and maintains service orders.
- Supports and sustains a positive environment that fosters team performance and individual excellence.
- Remains receptive to performance feedback and continuously seeks to improve skills.
- Maintains adherence to all policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and approved business objectives including those involving affirmative action, communications, community relations, human resources, labor relations, health and safety, and security.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Knowledge / Skills
- Personal computing experience, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, writing and verbal.
- Problem resolution, ability to present information or respond to inquiries from groups of managers, associates, and customers in an efficient and professional manner.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Minimum of Two (2) years of experience in related business environment
- SAP experience preferred
- High school diploma or state recognized Educational Equivalency Certificate Required
At American Water, our people are our most valuable asset. When you become part of the American Water team, you enjoy many benefits including: A values-based culture with a vision linked to our purpose. A competitive pay package with pay-for-performance opportunities. Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, prescription, vision and disability insurance coverage. Flexible spending accounts for health care, child care and elder care. Employee assistance program (EAP). Options to assist employees in saving for retirement (i.e., 401K). Life insurance. Holidays, floating holidays and vacation time. Paid sick time. Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Employee discount program. Tuition reimbursement. Training and professional development opportunities. Advancement opportunities. Volunteer opportunities. Support for causes and community organizations you care about with matching gifts from our corporate foundation.