MAINTENANCE PLANNER at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Emporia, Virginia
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Our plywood facility located in Emporia , Virginia has an opening for a Mechanical Maintenance Planner.
The successful candidate will be a self-driven individual with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus. Successful candidate will own the reliability of the department and all asset strategy for preventative and corrective maintenance in their area of ownership.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate maintenance activities along with maintenance and production supervisors
- Coordinate the procurement of needed parts, materials, manpower and any special tools or machinery for the area of responsibility.
- Plan corrective jobs using he priority management system established
- Identify and mitigate safety issues associated with planned work by hazard identification. Ensure issues are mitigated in the planning process.
- Monitor reliability of the area of responsibility and report down time by asset daily.
Demonstrate the ability to plan work for all skilled trade employees.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the USA
- High School diploma or GED
- Five (5) or more years of mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing, heavy industrial or military environment.
- Must be able to type/keyboard
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft suite programs including excel, word and outlook
Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management systems (CMMS) and be able to learn the MP2 CMMS system.
- Strong interpersonal and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving, Sense of urgency, Customer focus, Communication skills, Accountability.
- Entrepreneur – results driven, demonstrate a sense of urgency, data driven decision making, accountable, and a critical and economic thinker.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a background check and a pre-employment drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf