14 Food Serv Assist Union at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Description:
Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. In the event a student has not obtained a High School Diploma, they will be enrolled in a HSD program on center. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study.
Ensures that food, supplies and equipment are available as needed and stored properly when not in use. Responsible for assisting in the preparation of food for meals. Provides kitchen clean-up to facilitate sanitizing of all food service areas.
- Transfers food, supplies and equipment between storage areas and kitchen and/or cafeteria.
- Washes, peels and cores fruit and vegetables as necessary.
- Sets up and takes down tables and chairs.
- Scrapes, washes and stores dishes, pots, pans and utensils.
- Clears, cleans, and sanitizes kitchen, cafeteria area and food storage areas.
- Cleans refrigerators, stoves, ovens and other kitchen equipment.
- Degreases and sanitizes vent screens and filters.
- Provides superior customer service at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Experience in a food services operation desired.
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to life 40 pounds and/or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
- Medical, dental, vision offered through Anthem Blue Cross
- HRA account included at no cost with medical enrollment
- Employee assistance plan
- Will preparation, identity theft program, and secure travel assist program
- 401(k) savings plan (after 1 year of employment)
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- 10 days of vacation and 10 days of sick per year (accrual based system)
- Commuter Benefits & Shuttle Service (varies)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.