Structural Packaging Designer at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Circleville, Ohio
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com .
The Structural Packaging Designer is a service provider to GP Sales, GP Production and external customers. The Structural Packaging Designer will be creating drawings and specifications for new structural packaging components working with internal and external customers.
We are currently hiring a full-time position for an Structural Designer at our Circleville, OH location.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Direct ownership of fulfillment for developing design solutions to meet
• Visit customers with and without Sales reps present
• Take lead in investigative questions to prospect and/or customers for
evaluating conditions for designing a new package or troubleshooting
automated equipment issues
• Providing guidance for correct information gathering to contribute to finding
the best solution
• Providing most economical design based on customer’s needs and capabilities
• Identify possible changes that will add to greater throughput and present for
consideration to the Area Sales Manager or Director of Operations. Consult
with operators, supervisors and tooling suppliers to get valid feedback
• Know and challenge the limits of equipment
• Support Sales, Customer Service and Production in processing new customers
and new items to ensure all tooling, material and finished product meets
and/or exceeds the customer’s expectations
• Coordinating and proactively communicating the deliverables
What You Will Need:
• Work or internship experience in structural packaging design
• Must be able to travel up to 20%
• Experience with CAD detailing systems (AutoCAD) and Mathcad
What You Will Put You Ahead:
• A Bachelor's degree or higher in industrial design, architecture or engineering
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf