M/E Engineer 2 at JE Dunn Construction
Posted in Management 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Best people + right culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s strategy for success. By hiring the best people we can find, giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The M/E Engineer 2 will complete routine mechanical, electrical and field construction activities. This position will be responsible for collecting and assembling data, helping to develop estimates and helping to generate systems and bid analysis. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
ME ENGINEER FAMILY – CORE
- Learns and actively participates in all aspects of the company’s safety and quality plans and culture by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others.
- Completes entry level and routine mechanical, electrical and field construction activities.
- Learns how to develop budgetary M/E estimates, based upon program and schematic design information using automated M/E estimating system.
- Assists in the review of mechanical and electrical options as part of the preconstruction process and completes systems analysis for select projects.
- Learns to develop the mechanical and electrical scopes of work used to coordinate during the bid process.
- Assists in the completion of bid analysis and provides input during the subcontractor selection process.
- Assists in developing sequencing requirements of various systems and providing solutions to meet the schedule requirements.
- Gains knowledge of design documents in order to identify potential quality problems to assist in developing constructability review reports.
- Learns to perform job inspections to ensure specifications and expectations are met and work is completed in a quality and timely manner.
- Learns and assists with the shop drawing/submittal process to comply with the contract documents.
- Assists with the commissioning process including developing pre-functional checklists, functional testing procedures and actual functional testing.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
ME ENGINEER 2
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Helps generate, issue and execute the Commissioning Plan for assigned projects.
- Interacts independently with project teams regarding work product deliverables.
- Assumes responsibility for producing and explaining work product to assigned clients and represents JE Dunn in professional manner.
- Reviews compliance shop drawings and submittals from subcontractors prior to submission to the design team.
- Leads the mechanical/electrical coordination process.
- Participates in all phases of construction from startup to closeout for the successful delivery of end product to the client.
- Develops schedules for mechanical/electrical systems.
- Performs site inspections and submits report to the project team.
- Creates constructability reviews and submits report to the project team.
- May participate in job pursuit presentations representing mechanical/electrical expertise.
- Provides budgetary M/E estimates, based upon program and schematic design information using automated M/E estimating system for assigned projects.
- Reviews the mechanical and electrical options as part of the preconstruction process and completes systems analysis for select projects.
- Gains knowledge of developing the mechanical and electrical scopes of work used to coordinate during the bid process.
- Participates in the completion of bid analysis and provides input during subcontractor selection process.
- Develops sequencing requirements of various systems and provides solutions to meet the schedule requirements.
- Reviews the design documents and identifies potential quality problems to help develop constructability review reports.
- Performs job inspections to ensure specifications and expectations are met and work is completed in a quality and timely manner.
- Participates in the shop drawing/submittal process to comply with the contract documents.
- Participates in the commissioning process, including developing pre-functional checklists, functional testing procedures and actual functional testing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to read and understand plans, drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency in basic JE Dunn construction M/E tools and software.
- Knowledge of means and methods of construction management.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, architectural engineering or related field (Required).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 2+ years construction and/or engineering experience (Required).
At JE Dunn, you’ll receive an abundance of resources dedicated to ensuring your success and future development
Whether it’s our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), company wellness program, or modern workspaces, we put the satisfaction of our employees at the forefront of everything we do.
Award-winning benefits package
Named one of Plan Sponsor Magazine’s 2015 Plan Sponsors of the Year, JE Dunn’s employee benefits package ranks among the top of our peer group, meeting and exceeding standard expectations.
Professional training opportunities
Our employee development team works full-time to create growth opportunities across the company. We encourage employees to take command of their own development, and we make sure they have what they need to take that next step.
Corporate and personal involvement in the communities in which we work is simply part of the job--JE Dunn as an organization is proud to donate over 10 percent of our pre-tax earnings to charities around the country each year.
JE Dunn Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.