Nurse Navigator/UKHC at University of Kentucky
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Lexington, KentuckyJob Description:
University of Kentucky
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
|Job Title||Nurse Navigator/UKHC|
|Department Name||M4000:Pediatrics Clinic|
|Work Location||Lexington, KY|
|Type of Position||Staff|
|Position Time Status||Full-Time|
|Click here for more information about equivalencies:||http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies|
|Required Related Experience||
Sitting and walking for long periods of a time
Monday- Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
The Registered Nurse Navigator position will provide support to patients and their family members to navigate appointments, services, resources, schedules and education related to the care provided within the Hematology Oncology Department.
The nurse navigator provides support to the patient and family across the continuum to ensure smooth transitions in care. Serves as a liaison between the patient, medical staff, and community resources as well as provides ongoing education related to the disease process.
Provide care and support for the patient and family throughout their care both internally and externally of UK Healthcare to enhance patient experience.
The Registered Nurse Navigator will provide primary nursing care to both adult and pediatric patients requiring intravenous infusions in the clinic or hospital as needed.
Maintain advanced specialty training and education to serve as the nurse expert for the multidisciplinary team regarding assigned disease processes.
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities||
The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to work in a team as well as independently and to be assertive and serve as an advocate for the patient. The ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner with patients and their families, co-workers, and physicians is essential to delivering collaborative care to our patients. It is also necessary to have strong organizational, prioritization, and delegation skills. In addition, the candidate will have basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the internet.
Some weekend and holidays required.
Some travel required.
|Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?||No|
Prefer nursing experience with both pediatric and adult patients.
Prefer candidates who also have one or more of the following: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification; Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification; central line care; APHON Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider Recognition, and Certified Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Nursing certification within one year of start.
|Deadline to Apply||03/21/2018|
|University Community of Inclusion||
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Are you a Registered Nurse with Pediatric experience?
- * Do you have paid employment experience with Hematology/Oncology?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience with pediatric hematology/oncology.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter