HR Business Partner at American Water Works Service Company Inc
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
To serve as the primary HR leader for the assigned business unit and ensure alignment of business and HR strategies and service delivery.
- To partner with line leaders to grow talent and technical capability pipelines for the business.
- Manage the design and implementation of structures that improve individual and organizational performance.
- Support line leaders in the development and implementation of strategies that enable the organization to thrive through periods of change.
- Provide coaching to line leaders to support their human resources management, problem solving and performance management.
- Support implementation of standardized processes for the assigned business unit.
- Provide support to line leaders on employee relations issues.
- Participate in the execution of Labor Relations strategies and the resolution of Labor Relations issues – under the leadership of Labor Relations.
- Support line leaders in the recruitment process.
- Partner with COEs to:
- Implement performance management and learning and development
- Ensure reward structures reward performance
- Execute recruitment processes
- Ensure successful resolution of LR issues
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong communication skills, strong team working as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to collaborate with virtual teams and also face to face, and to provide excellent internal customer service.
- Must be able to deliver results and possess courage.
- Detailed knowledge of key human resources functions including organization design, change management, workforce planning, recruiting, performance management, employee development, compensation, succession planning and employee and labor relations.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements in recruiting, performance management, employee development, compensation, succession planning and employee and labor relations.
Experience / Education
- Minimum 5 years applicable experience.
- Experience should include serving at least one large organizational grouping:
- Has led a department organization redesign
- Has been involved in or led recruitment of senior talent in assigned area
- Has participated in multiple compensation review cycles
- Has experience of ER/LR issues through investigations and issue resolution
- Participation in merger, acquisition or divestiture
- Desirable experience could include:
- Participation in development program of HR leaders
- Prior Business Partner experience in other similar organization
- Participation in cross-functional project team and has dealt with different employee segments
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
Indoor office environment
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.