Insurance, Claims, and Records Specialist at Vectren Corporation
Posted in Legal 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana. Vectren is looking for diverse, talented colleagues interested in exceeding customer expectations. We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
Evansville is the 3rd largest city in Indiana and lies within a 200-mile radius of four major metropolitan cities including Indianapolis, Nashville, Louisville and St. Louis. In 2017, Evansville was named America's Second Lowest Cost of Living! Located in the heart of downtown Evansville on the banks of the mighty Ohio River, our corporate headquarters provides an energizing and engaging atmosphere where you will love to come to work.
What you will be doing
- Provide a broad range of routine technical and support services to the insurance, claims, and records department and, as needed, to the legal department
- Establish, maintain, and process files, correspondence, databases, records, invoices, and/or other documents
- Organize and priorities large volumes of information and calls
- Administer the risk management information system
- Act as the first point of contact for subpoenas and the subpoena process
- Administer the web-based software for records management and manages inventory of records with off-site storage
What you bring
- Associate’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 3+ years of experience in a similar field
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with information/data analysis and reporting
- Financial management applications experience such as Oracle, Markview
It would be awesome if you have
- Insurance or records administration certifications
- Experience in a law firm, insurance, or claims department environment
- Experience with Riskonnect and Business Intelligence (Cognos)
- Experience with Jordan Lawrence records management software
What we bring to you
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even your career
- Career ladder opportunities and colleagues with a vast amount of knowledge and experience committed to your growth, development and success
- Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We want you to know
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Vectren shall abide by the requirements of Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, as amended, and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These laws and regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these laws and regulations require that covered federal contractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.