Auxiliary Equipment Operator - 1st Six Mo at Vectren Corporation
Posted in Manufacturing 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Contact the local WorkOne office to register to take the WorkKeys Assessments for Vectren if you meet the job requirements as described. Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana. In our Energy Supply, we manage electric production for our customers in Southern Indiana ensuring safe, reliable, and cost effective service to our customers. We are looking for diverse, talented colleagues interested in exceeding customer expectations and helping to continuously improve our processes to be an industry leader. We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
Evansville is the 3rd largest city in Indiana and lies within a 200-mile radius of four major metropolitan cities including Indianapolis, Nashville, Louisville and St. Louis. In 2017, Evansville was named America's Second Lowest Cost of Living! Located at AB Brown power plant, and just minutes from downtown Evansville or Mount Vernon, our AB Brown plant provides an energizing and engaging atmosphere where you will love to come to work.
What you will be doing
Who we are
- This position provides uninterrupted electrical service to the service area
- Responsible for operating safely, efficiently and within environmental parameters
- Monitors and operates power plant equipment associated with steam generator and auxiliary systems
- Records operating parameters
Some duties of the position include the following:
- Operating valves
- Starting and stopping rotating equipment
- Running fly ash and dumping pyrites
- Monitoring and maintaining lubricating systems
- Performing simple maintenance using hand tools
- Issuing and picking up lock-out/tag-out clearances
- Acting as a first responder to environmental spills
- General plant housekeeping activities
- Position involves working twelve-hour rotating shifts, including weekends, holidays and overtime
What you bring
- Candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Candidates must possess basic computer skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Must be able to work in cold and hot temperatures, noisy environments, at height, and be able to wear and use a respirator
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, walk inclines, kneel, bend, crawl, stand, sit, lift and carry fifty pounds, and operate pick-up truck, fork lift and mule
- Must be able to communicate effectively via phone and radio
- Required to be available to work overtime
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even career
- Colleagues with a vast amount of knowledge and experience committed to your growth, development and success
- Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Vectren shall abide by the requirements of Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, as amended, and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These laws and regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these laws and regulations require that covered federal contractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.